- This week I shared one of my new favourite spots: the Barbican conservatory - and also talked about summer wishlists & sweet summer memories.
- Blackberry season is coming - I keep watching the blossom with a held breath, awaiting the time that I can pick them until my hands are blood red.
- Soap is something I don't give much thought to - but these L'Occitane soaps look amazing.
- I need to explore more of my locale - I really do forget how beautiful Hampshire is.
- I'm not even planning on going there anytime soon, but this is in my interests: 12 pastry shops to visit in Paris.
- I'm trying to organise my life and get my diary sorted, but it means I've been looking at pretty planners that are unnecessary (but cute).
- I think a green bathroom suite would be beautiful - something straight out of a Wes Anderson film, like all interior design that I aspire to have.
- This hindu temple is not really the kind of thing you expect to see in LA, but its so pretty.
- I dream of one day being able to afford to have a custom perfume - until that day I'll just be forever on the hunt for my signature scent.
- I'm not good at cooking savoury food really, even worse at anything that involves hot oil - but this recipe for buttermilk fried chicken looks amazing.
- I loved this post from Hazel Jane so much: you don't have to quit your job to live your life. She talks about making the most of your weekends, your evenings off, your free-time, which is something I've been trying to do more of recently.
- I really loved this little video from Gillian with a day in her life - I feel very proud that I recognise little bits of Edinburgh.
- I think this potato salad looks so good - particularly with the fancy coloured potatoes.
- Botanical gardens and crystals? This Paris honeymoon looks like something I would be totally on board with.
- I keep on meaning to try a chia seed pudding and just haven't got around to it yet...
- Sometimes I'm really good at reading lots - sometimes I feel like I have too many hobbies (reading, blogging, knitting, baking, travelling) to fit into my spare time. I really want to stop making excuses for running out of time to do these things.
- I want to bake this pistachio chocolate cake, in honour of the bake-off beginning this week, at the same time I've lost my first pound in weeks, so probably shouldn't.
- I think I link every single post Sarah makes - but I'm just in love with her dreamy blog, her photos of the quintessential english countryside she seems to live in makes me sad that I do not live there...
- West-Wittering was a beach we'd often ship our family down to on hot weekends, with good reason, it's such a pretty beach, and I have very found memories of the sea!
- Pak Choi is pretty underrated, and I'm glad other people agree.
- I've also got back into knitting again in a big way, and am obsessed with all things podcasts at the moment.
- Can you tell I'm lusting after the coast at the moment? Cornwall, Devon and Somerset are all that's on my mind at the moment...
- I'm still not over my ice-cream moment, I'm sorry: chocolate chunk peanut butter soft-serve.
Sunday, August 09, 2015
weekend wanderings #71
tags: weekend wanderings