- I've been diagnosed with a dodgy knee (technical term), so I'm trying to be extra careful with my fitness, whilst still keeping active, and I am currently obsessing over fitness trackers. Jasmin shared a very comprehensive review of the Fitbit over on her blog, and I'm really interested in trying this now! So many decisions...
- Being featured in a post entitled 'eat this', is never a bad thing, and I'm just taking the opportunity to remind of one, Jane's amazing blog, Deluminators, and of my healthy(ish) chocolate chip cookie recipe that I posted this week.
- Anna-Louise's trip to Wales looks so idyllic and perfect - her dog looks pretty content too!
- And whilst we're on that subject - so does James' adventure exploring the Yorkshire Dales.
- I really enjoyed this post at Citron and Guavaberry about the different cameras that various bloggers use, and the pros and cons of their models - a great read if you're thinking about upgrading your tech; as is this post at Unstitched about investing in a DSLR.
- I think you're growing up when you want adorable little ceramic things as opposed to a new eyeshadow or lipstick.
- A few beautiful bathrooms over at From Moon to Moon have made me want to redecorate again... As does Edible Perspective's renovated kitchen!
- A couple of really meaningful posts caught my eye this week: this one from Charlotte (one of my favourite bloggers, who is never afraid to shy away from a serious topic) about the allegeations of statutory rape around that footballer, and the publics response to it.
- I also thought it was really brave of Furnaz at Beauty Classified to open up about how schizophrenia has affected her life - it's one of those things that is still very much not talked about, so it's really interesting to read her perspective on the illness.
- Maybe it was the unseasonably warm day we had yesterday, and the fact I downed a pitcher of iced tea at Bills this lunchtime (despite the weather being crappy today) but I am craving anything citrusy. And cakey. (My strength with no sugar thing is fading...) So this lemon pound cake and this Portuguese orange cake are on my to bake list.
- I wanted to stand up and applaud after reading this article: why French girl beauty is a lie.
- I want to get my Netflix working again (long story, short version being that I use my brothers and it's broken), but now I really want it working again so I can try House of Cards, thanks to Michelle's reasons as to why!
- I might be late to the party on this post, but how beautiful are Sarah's pictures? Ahhh.
- Whilst on that no-sugar-no-white-flour thing I'm trying out, here is a great article with tips on baking with wholewheat flour, something I'm trying to do more of!
- I love Jen's posts, regardless, but admired her for blogging about why she's moving away from outfit posts, and it's sort of the same reason I stopped talking about beauty.
- I literally just discovered this blog this evening, but it already is my current favourite: Gymbags and Gladrags - a perfect combination.
Sunday, March 08, 2015
weekend wanderings #54
tags: weekend wanderings