- Let me tell you something: I used to never wear jeans. Like ever. I discovered leggings when I was like 17 and realised they were like hugs for your legs, and never looked back. Six years later, I've lost some weight and discovered jeans again, and remembered how hard it is to find decent jeans to fight me: here is why maybe, someone on Buzzfeed tried on the same size of jeans in 10 different UK stores, the results are hilarious.
- I love all of Lorna's home ware choices, the copper accents with macrame plant hangers, gallery walls with grey backgrounds... it's all spot on!
- These photos of Manchester architecture before and after the clean air act (and a lot of power-washing, I assume) are incredible. My mum grew up in Manchester, I can't wait to see if she remembers the buildings like this.
- I get so excited when I see a new edition of Hangin' out with Chelsea + Haley in my YT sub box, I just love to get a drink and settle down with them, because it's like talking to friends in a way. They're hilarious and I always discover something new from them (hello, Serial?!).
- Is fashion week over now? I assume so. And that probably sums up my feelings about it all. I used to be obsessed with fashion, I guess it was that whole unattainable skinny, expensive beauty thing, or something, but I really don't get it now I'm grown up. Why people my age dress up in some ridiculous clothes and go hang-out at Somerset house in the hope of getting snapped by some second rate street-style blog is beyond me! And I've seen enough seventies trend outfits this week that I want to scratch my eyes out! #sorrynotsorry
- Stephanie shares with us an appeal for her local animal shelter, Woodside in Leicester, and some adorable animals. These kind of posts make me so sad, as there are so many lovely animals in adoption centres, and people keep buying from breeders...
- This portrayal of graphic designers in cinema and tv had me giggling - especially with the Peep Show clip thrown in there at the end.
- I have been consuming a probably unhealthy amount of sweet-potato this week, so when I saw another way to try it out, in these insanely tasty looking sweet-potato waffles, it jumped right to the top of my to cook list.
- I would never say that I'm pagan, I'm sort of spiritual and fall somewhere in the realms between humanist, pagan, and buddhist, and just have a lot of love and respect for the natural world... but I love that Cat's pointers on how to live a more magical life could be relevant for anybody, regardless of religion.
- Some tips on how to get motivated with exercise, and stick at it, for those who are struggling to keep up momentum.
- I really love Laura's outfit here, and I'm looking for a grey jumper, like hers. I have a similar one in brown, and passed up the grey one (which I now regret, as it's the comfiest thing in the world).
- I had to do a quick google to find out where Hengistbury Head is, and discovered that it isn't a million miles away from me (only about 70, haha, but it wouldn't take long to get to, really). Deborah's photos are so pretty, it makes me want to get back to the New Forest and the coast again, asap.
- I really want to attempt this flourless lemon drizzle cake, in my quest to eat less refined carbs and sugar. Just need to find a replacement for 100g of sugar in it, and we'd be flying!
- Freya's idea of a perfect sunday at home are not far from my idea of perfect - I'm currently tucked up in bed with the rain lashing down, listening to some podcasts with all my candles lit.
- As always, I'm on the quest for the perfect banana bread, I am going to look into transforming this recipe of Samantha's into a wholewheat version....
- Anya's pictures of a wintry Northumberland look so blissful - I forgot the charm of a wintry English beach.
- You might have missed it this week, but I reviewed The Goldfinch, in a very emotional post, to me, at least. It's still stuck in my head now, the next day after finishing it!
- I also shared with your my perfect breakfast recipe: peach jam and chia seed porridge. I literally eat it every morning - minus the jam at the moment!
This is edition fifty-three -which means I now have a years worth of Weekend Wandering posts - this is pretty cool to me, as I find it so hard to stick at things, haha.
If you fancy seeing your link up here, or perhaps a spotlight post on your blog, click here for advertising and sponsor packages on Uncia + Tigris!