I always see Jasmin popping up in the Twitter chats, and her blog is always one of those that I meant to get around to reading, but hey, I'm a chronic procrastinator, so I'm so glad I finally got this opportunity to get to know her better! I'll let Jasmin introduce herself to you all...
Hey there! I'm Jasmin and I blog over at jasmincharlotte.com - I am a kiwi living in London with a confused accent and a diet coke addiction. I can't keep my feet in the same country for long, could likely eat my body weight in cheese and am always looking for ways to make me and others happier! I blog all about lifestyle, including food, travel, London adventures, technology and occasionally beauty.
- - -
You're an active member of the blogging community on Twitter, which I always love, how did you get into blogging and what do you enjoy most about it?:
Unlike most bloggers, I didn't know the blogging world before I got here! I actually started by doing a lot of posts on reddit. After awhile I figured I should probably but these all in one place and jasmincharlotte was born. My blog has changed huge amounts in the year it's been running and I love it. The best thing about blogging is definitely the community! I love chatting to and meeting other bloggers!
New Zealand is one of those places I've always wanted to visit - what was it like growing up there and travelling about as much as you have?
New Zealand was an amazing place to grow up in! It involved a lot of nature, a lot of hanging by the seaside and the kiwi culture which just cannot be beat. I love it as a country but when it comes down to it, it is so tiny! Only 4 million people in the whole country. When I got into my 20s I need somewhere with hustle and bustle which is why I ended up in London. Along with NZ, I have lived in Aus/UK/US - they were all amazing experiences and I'm so glad I had the opportunity. Now I can't stop travelling!
You seem to cover such a wide variety of topics on your blog and I love that - what are you favourite things to blog about?
Woo yes! As I mentioned my blog has developed so much, essentially because I decided to just blog about what I love!
Currently I have 4 favourite things to blog about:
- Food! I can't stop eating, and love sharing recipes like my Eggplant Cannelloni;
- Tech - I work in tech so love sharing fab things I find like my 5 tools you need to use for blog images;
- Travel - I love getting out and about and sharing my trips, my last one being to Paris in November. But I have a few lined up soon!
- Me! I like telling you guys what I am up to, and regularly post 10 things which have made me happy recently.
What are the next places you want to travel to and why?
Ah my ultimate vice! I cannot stop planning holidays. My next 3 planned trips are:
- Porto, Portugal - I loved Lisbon last year and cannot wait to explore more of the country (plus it's a bargain!).
- Scotland - I'm planning a huge Scotland road trip in the summer. All the pictures of the highlands just look amazing, I'm hoping to find a little bit of NZ up there.
- Gran Canaria - Over Christmas I am off to the Canaries for a giant family trip (we all like to converge in one place), so somewhere with a beach is ideal.
After those, I really want to get back to the US and Las Vegas. I've been twice but both when I was under 21, so another trip is definitely needed. I also really want to do a big trip of Croatia and Greece as it's a side of Europe which I haven't visited yet!
And to round up, I thought I'd share with you my favourite posts from Jasmin:
- Aldwych abandoned tube station tour;
- 5 simple weight loss tips;
- What every blogger should know about domain names;
- New Zealand pikelets recipe;
- What beauty jargon really means.
You can follow her on Bloglovin' here, Twitter here, and find all her over social media over at her blog!
- - -