- Why am I so obsessed by the ideas of roof gardens? We will never know, a secret lost to the ages, but I have romantic visions of tower blocks covered in greenery and skyscrapers with gardens on the roof, like this Tokyo garden. One day, I would like to see gardens take over the cities, a la the Drowned World...
- I picked up some matcha powder this week in the world foods aisle of Tesco, then saw this smoothie recipe the very same day, like it was fate. So excited to give this a go!
- If you didn't know, it was the Chinese Lunar New Year on Thursday - we had duck and pancakes with my mum even making her own spring rolls, which were amazing - but Michelle shared with us her Grandma's predictions for the year, which I thought was so cool, and sweet. I was born in the year of the horse and I find it fits me like a glove, and even though I don't really believe in horoscopes or anything, I indulge in it, anyway.
- Cat shared with us a few snaps from a beautiful looking weekend break at Luton Hoo, which looks like the most perfect little weekend adventure.
- 10 things learnt from Buffy the Vampire Slayer - because... I need to give no reasons, do I, really.
- I have fallen in love with Portpatrick, thanks to Katie. Maybe it's the perfect sunny, winter day, but I need to go there and sit on that rocky beach and smell the sea. Or just, any sea, to be honest. I haven't been to the coast in a few months and I miss it.
- I love these kind of posts - but I love seeing these kind of pictures of lunches and other meals from around the world. More reasons to want to be Italian, that plate looks amazing!
- I might be doing a sugar-free Lent (which I've succeeded at!) but it doesn't stop me lusting after amazing looking cookies and cakes on blogs - and these chocolate dipped oat cookies look mouthwateringly good.
- However, these avocado and cacao muffins are definitely on my to-bake list! They look and sound amazing, all rich and lovely.
- Some pretty pictures of a park in Riga, Latvia, from when Charlotte visited. So snowy and gorgeous looking!
- A very good read from the lovely Nicole at Life in Ginger, about being a graduate and getting a job. I've had the opposite experience of hers, so it's an interesting read.
- A few very useful tips on saving time with photography as a blogger.
- Just one of many good pancake recipes I've seen recently!
- I discovered a beautiful new blog this week: readingmytealeaves.com
Sunday, February 22, 2015
weekend wanderings #52
tags: weekend wanderings