- Why do I keep seeing things about Italy? I think the universe is conspiring against me to go back... I want to eat all the food, and visit all the places I haven't been to yet, like this restaurant featured on The Londoner.
- I've made a flourless chocolate cake a couple of times before - they're insanely amazing, but I feel like I can never finish a whole one because they're so rich. Izy posted a recipe where she made a third of the recipe, and I think that is such a good idea.
- Freya shared with us two beautiful posts from her trip to iceland, here and here, and it just moved to the top of my wanderlust list. Her photographs of the northern lights are amazingly beautiful - I know that I must see them at some point in my life...
- A useful article from Cat on what to look for when sponsoring a blog.
- This week I'm apparently obsessed with blood oranges - I made some cupcakes but I really want to bake this blood orange buttermilk pound cake that I found on Pinterest, it looks mouthwateringly good.
- If you knit, this a great reminder on how to look after yourself whilst knitting, I always forget to stretch my hands and take breaks, and end up with painful tendons and cramps.
- I've heard of courgette noodles, but I've never seen or tried butternut squash noodles, like in this post. Butternut squash is one of my favourite vegetables, any new ways to eat are good ideas in my book!
- Jesse at Hecticophilia shared with us the most amazing studio - I'm a sucker for beautiful studios and creative spaces, they're really inspiring to me. I also discovered Sophie's blog and her beautiful workspace this week, also.
- As a baker, and someone asking my mum (oracle of all things cooking related) constantly if I need to use this specific ingredient, or whether this brand will work, I really enjoyed this article at the Guardian.
- Not quite sure how Take Courage has evaded me thus far in my blogging career, but I recently discovered the gorgeous blog, and I want to pin everything. I'm definitely going to attempt her plant pot holder...
- I'm expecting to see a giant increase in my amount of pancake recipes pinned, saved and bookmarked in the next couple of days, because.. duh, pancake day! I have my own recipe for drop scone/american style pancakes here, but I love the look of these banana nutella ones... yum yum yum.
Sunday, February 15, 2015
weekend wanderings #51
tags: weekend wanderings