- This beautifully sums up how I feel about the light returning slowly. I left work this week, and it wasn't completely dark! I went for a run this morning and the sun felt hot on my face, it really spurred me on, it makes me excited for warmer weather, sunnier days, lighter evenings...
- I really liked this article from Planthunter about beauty vs geometry in plants, and why we don't pick apart the geometry of a plant or flower... Interesting read!
- I've decided to give up refined sugar on weekdays, for lent, so I want to try and eat as many naughty treats before then, but I know that will make it even more of a shock! These cinnamon sultana twists would be be so perfect for my cravings!
- Michelle's article about trends and throwaway fashion is really interesting. I'm definitely trying to be a bit more wise about my wardrobe choices this year, as I hate buying things that I won't wear in a years time.
- For fans of Serial - Adnan Syed's appeal has been reopened! This is really interesting, as even though I'm not convinced on his guilt or innocence either way, I felt like he didn't get a fair trial at the time. It also raises some interesting questions regarding finding a jury that is impartial..
- How much do I love the Barbican? Let me count the ways... I dream of living there, it's just the most beautiful place, and I loved Emily's photos of the place.
- I love all the snowy photos I've seen on my Bloglovin these last few weeks, I think it's because I like to look at snow, but know how annoying it is to do anything in it! Anya's photos are just so pretty and I want to roll around in the snow too, then return to my nice sunny southern England, haha.
- I loved this outfit post, from Shu this week - she has a really lovely Youtube channel too, and I just like the way she writes about her day, also.
- Ellie-Kate takes the most beautiful pictures, and these are the ones she that 'didn't make it', which makes me so envious of her skill!
- I adore this post from Lorna at Scared Toast, on how to be more assertive. It's something I've really noticed myself improving on this year and last, as I used to be such a pushover and I'm loving my new assertive nature. Like she explains in the post, it's not about being a bitch or arrogant and aggressive, it's more making sure that your feelings are not ignored or compromised.
- I really enjoyed this list of Blogging Truths from Cat, pretty spot on! Talking of Cat, her home is just adorable.
- I would like a spinach and feta pie, yes please. Plus, if someone could make it for me, I'd love it even more...
- Becky has put together a directory of all her reviews, and I love it when bloggers do this! I'm not the kind of person that peruses make-up reviews, I go and seek out a review for a specific product, so this is amazing as a resource.
- I'm clearly all about pretty photos this week, and I loved these of a Bondi sunrise, it makes me look forward to the summer even more!
- I bought some new tops for the gym and for running, and I'm obsessed with finding the best, all black gym uniform. I keep watching workout clothing lookbooks and posts, but I mentioned it on Twitter this evening.. I am so jealous of people that can wear those cute little sports bra tops to workout in, I need my boobs strapped down! haha.
- And to end on a video I watched just minutes ago, about how to be ally to the transgender community, which I think is really important considering some of the things I've heard in the past week.
Sunday, February 08, 2015
weekend wanderings #50
tags: weekend wanderings