- Kicking off this weeks WW is the lovely Alex, whose winter outfit makes my heart sing, because it's really just everything I love in life. Good boots, good jumpers, cute bags, and lovely winter foliage backdrops.
- These last few months I've realised I have quite a fear of doctors and dentists and anything medical, so to receive my letter calling me up for my smear test terrified me, I won't lie. Both Leona and Becky have written great posts about how easy they felt it was, but I'm still horribly nervous, I won't lie! Still working up the courage to book myself in for it..
- In a recent twitter chat, we were talking beautiful workspaces, and big windows with good views featured in mine, so you can probably tell that I really enjoyed this post from SF Girl by Bay, showcasing her favourite interiors with good kitchen windows.
- Jane seems to travel to the most amazing places, and take such beautiful photos that I wish I could go with her - her photo diary of Cusco in Peru looks so good! I've seen so much about South America recently, I never really rated it highly on my mental list of places I want to travel to, but it's working it's way up there, I have to say...
- This week coming, I'm going to make the effort to wake up early, I'm so jealous of early birds like Eleanor, I'm such a night owl and I don't think that will change, but hopefully I can work out a happy medium?
- I attempted some shortbread at Christmas, but I made it far too sweet, that there is still some lingering in the biscuit tin (a rarity in our house). I'm hoping that if I try Rosie's recipe, they won't come out tooth-achingly sweet?
- A very useful guide to budgeting and saving money from Chrissy, most posts on the subject are vague and don't get down to the nitty gritty, I find.
- Adorable instagram worthy pictures of cute knits, bright yarn, and well framed snaps.
- I caught this article on Facebook early in the week, and I think it's something very important to consider if you can afford to - how to buy milk a bit more ethically.
- A very useful resource from a recent blog discovery - some free, cute handwritten fonts to download for all sorts of uses were shared by Yuni.
- I forget that there is a whole different hemisphere of this world where summer is taking place - I want it to be here though, I want these beautiful sunny afternoon walks and late sunsets and warm evenings to be here already.
- Salted caramel/chocolate anything has my name all over it (I'm still dreaming about the salted caramel ice-cream I ate at Wagamama earlier this week) so I definitely have these salted chocolate chip cookies on my to bake list.
- I am pining for the allotment, still, and cold winter mornings there, I wish I had a little garden of my own where I could plant wildflower seeds and go crazy with vegetables.. one day though.
- I feel like I have discovered so many new kinds of blogs this week from taking part in the twitter chats, like lazyboleyn.com, frockmeimfamous.com, robowecop.com. It's so refreshing to have new faces to get to know and read all about!
Sunday, February 01, 2015
weekend wanderings #49
tags: weekend wanderings