- I love a good soup, particularly in the winter, and Becca's healthy, hearty minestrone soup is right up my street, plus it looks super easy to make.
- Whilst we're talking about food, Tasty Yummies shared this roasted potato, white carrot and garlic soup recipe as well as this slow cooker coconut red curry vegetable soup: both of which look amazing!
- I've got all my calendars and diaries sorted now for 2015, but Jesse at Hecticophilia shared these beautifully designed ones that she found on Etsy.
- If you're new to lipstick (if so, where have you been, babe?!) then this is a good guide for how to go about building a 'lipstick wardobe'. I have more of a lipstick store, in that I have every variation of every colour you could possibly need... On the subject of lipstick, I loved this article about how growing up meant wearing red lipstick; I never had these preconceptions about lipstick, I never really realised that lipstick, particularly red, had so many connotations when I was younger, it was just something I decided to try one day.
- I really love Lex (tyrannosauruslexxx on youtube) and she often makes videos that I wish other/all youtubers were brave enough to talk about: this week she shared a video on how to love yourself, which is something I think a lot of girls in my generation and younger need to learn how to do.
- Just a lot of beautiful photos, cute pups, sunny skies and mouthwatering food that makes me long for summer, over at The Littlest Things. Also, a gorgeous, stormy Byron Bay.
- Whenever I have steamed buns at a restaurant, I wonder how they can make them so fluffy and steamy and doughy and tasty - I'm still not really sure how, I'll be honest, but Samantha at Thoroughly English shared a recipe for chicken teriyaki steamed buns, which sound pretty great.
- I really want to make a back-drop for photographs, and Kelly showed us how to make a marble tray for her photos, so useful for bloggers!
- If I made some buttons from twigs like Kat suggests, I might have a use for all those sticks I find on walks and carry with me like a dog for miles..
- There are few things as nice as a winter sunset, I have many lovely memories of watching the sun go down in winter with my family that I really loved this post from James.
- I really wish there was a 'dark park' near me - these photos look stunning, trees and stars and everything I love all rolled into one, I wish I didn't live so close to London sometimes!
- I love that Michelle is making videos again, I've been following her blog for years and it seems like I know her even more when I watch her videos!
- I was featured on one of my favourite blogs, by Jenny at Sunny Sweet Pea, with some other lovely ladies, so be sure to check that out! If you want to be featured on my blog, click here!
Sunday, January 25, 2015
weekend wanderings #48
tags: weekend wanderings