- I loved how Bonjour Luce showed us her Christmas in 5 photos, it reminds me of my own cosy Christmasses, curled up on the sofa with the Christmas lights on after a good walk - it's a shame I don't have a cute dog to accompany me.
- After a sunny couple of days, so many pretty photos of bright countryside appeared in my Bloglovin' feed and I loved Emily's at Eternal Sunday - I particularly loved her attire, I need to knit some new hats, clearly having 10+ isn't enough..
- I haven't been to London in an age, and I haven't been to Borough Market in even longer. I need to go and get me some Monmouth coffee, and maybe drop in on Aesop around the corner - Ruth's post makes my mouth water just thinking about it all..
- Generally I am not one for outfit posts, it's not really my thing, but I absolutely loved Milly's winter day outfit combo, that skirt is just amazing!
- I love a flourless-chocolate-cake, but making them for Christmas after such a rich meal seems too much for me and my stomach. At New Year, though, they seem like they'd fit in so well - with a glass of champagne or a festive cocktail, a super rich, heavy chocolate cake like this one from Kirantarun would go so well.
- If champagne isn't exactly your favourite tipple, though, how about a pear nectar and thyme mimosa? The recipe just says "use pear nectar" though, which is amazingly unhelpful, but it's giving me some ideas, anyway..
- I can't believe Christmas has come and gone but I haven't had a single glass of mulled wine yet?! There is still time, though. I think whilst the Christmas tree is still up I think its perfectly acceptable to make myself a mug or two.. Whilst I don't need a recipe per se, the photos of Charlotte's make me so thirsty for some!
- I don't like Christmas cake. There, I've said it, I much prefer a lighter cake, something without lashings of brandy and mixed peel and marzipan and then, oh god, the icing... It's too much. Emily showed us an amazing looking Genoa cake that I really think should replace traditional Christmas cake - it looks lighter and fluffier, and a lot less hassle than the traditional cake.
- I won't miss out on an opportunity for adorable pet photos at Christmas - Steph's lovely dog, Nico, doesn't disappoint.
- One of my goals for the year ahead is to try and become less wasteful, more self-sufficient, less consumerist, too, and I want to try and make more presents for people. I received a lovely handmade body scrub from a friend, and it made me so happy that I want to make more things for friends over the coming year. These high-class handmade gifts in A+ packaging from Junaholique make me so excited.
- On a similar note, I'm keeping this around for next year: some simple, cute and last minute Christmas card ideas from TLV Birdie.
- There are so many cakes that I want to make in life, and I don't even really know what sorghum is, but this gingerbread sorghum cake with mascarpone cream cheese icing is calling me..
To round up this week, I've got a few admin-y bits to do.. I've found so many more beautiful things over this Christmas week (when I've actually had time to sit down and read blogs, and for the first time EVER, clear my Bloglovin' feed!) so some Christmassy bits and bobs may spill over into the New Year, but I'm sure you won't mind, right? (:
Also, I'd like to say a GIANT hello to all the new followers I've gained recently! Please, introduce yourself below and share your blogs, you might show up in a Weekend Wanderings next week..!
And finally, the most exciting point for me, Uncia + Tigris is now found at unciaandtigris.com! That's right, I levelled up! Haha. The links still re-direct, but I'm now all professional sounding, haha.