- I need to take a minute and talk about Serial - you're probably sick of hearing about it, I know, but oh my God, I'm hooked. A very basic explanation of Serial is that it's a podcast about an investigation into the murder of a girl in Baltimore in the late 90's, and the guy that is potentially wrongfully imprisoned for his murder. I started it on Thursday this week and I'm already on episode seven, you just need to go an listen to it already. It's a lot more amazing that I am explaining.
- However, if that is not your kinda thing, Cat has posted recently about some other good podcasts that she likes. I find they're a weird thing, I go through periods of listening obsessively to podcasts, and then forgetting they exist for months.
- I really enjoy Terri's blog, Hello Terri Lowe, she's funny and witty and posts regularly, and is everything I really love in her blog. She recently started a satirical, I guess, tumblr, on blogging, and I fucking love it. Go read, Blog Blag Swag.
- I love Spoon & Tamago for all the amazing, little Japanese finds they unearth. Having been a bit absent from the blogging world these last ten days, I came back to find these super great leaf beasts, this hamster inside mini bars and restaurants and some insanely intricate cut books.
- This week I re-discovered my love for junk-food. I've had a real lifestyle change this year in the way that I eat, and view food, but in a hectic week I've remembered how much I love pizza, burgers and takeaway curry. Me and my friends from work hit up Gourmet Burger Kitchen this week, and I couldn't even wait to Instagram it before eating it. Me and my friend Laura were dreaming about their amazing onion rings several days after. I'm planning my next trip there: my stomach says no, but my heart says yes.. I also spotted this post by Jane about burgers and I clearly just have them on the brain.
- I have been waiting to see some insight into Michelle's new apartment in Hong Kong, and I can't wait to follow it along whilst she updates her new place, and posts some lovely pictures on the way. I've been reading her blog for years and years now, and I'm so happy for her to have successes in her life.
- In a week where I have been a little melancholy, I really loved this post about the moon from Sunny Sweet Pea, as it's exactly the sort of feelings I get when staring at the night-sky.
- I've also been reading Stephanie's blog, FAIIINT, for years, and I love any and all updates of her dog, Nico, he's so adorable. I went for a walk last weekend, and there were two husky-type dogs who kept running past us, made me wish I could be in a place where I could have a dog!
- When I start seeing mince-pies appear on the blogs, I know Christmas is coming, and these star ones by Charlotte are exactly how I love to make mine.
Sunday, November 16, 2014
weekend wanderings #38
tags: weekend wanderings