- This week I discovered Scola Dondo's youtube channel - she does really good and honest weight-loss videos. It's really inspiring to know that the person who is giving you advice knows from experience. Sometimes it's kind of hard to take rail-thin people telling you to lose weight.
- People are obviously embracing all things autumnal this week on the blogs, and two of my favourite posts featuring the topic were from Anya at the Peppermint Pencil and a harvest-themed post over by Rachel at Dear Ms Leigh.
- Em introduces us to the most adorable little bunny, Oscar - I can't get over the fact he looks like a little stuffed toy, he's so cute.
- I wanted to have a go at dyeing some fabric over the summer but I didn't quite get round to it in time - this tea-towel from Treasure and Travels is really cute and I love the little video explaining it to you, definitely something I could try indoors.
- Emma-Lou Designs shows us 5 ways to display magazines - this is something I would never consider cause I usually just stack them on shelves.
- I also bought a shiny new iPhone 5s this week and since then, have been obsessing over pretty cases for it - in doing this I discovered two amazing little home-grown illustrators. Papio Press has some beautiful prints of animals, wildlife and plants which are right up my street, I particularly love their Foxes Playing in the Forest print and I am so tempted to purchase this! The other one I found is Deborah Ballinger Illustrations - she has really amazing printed fabrics, cards, prints and temporary tattoos, featuring flora, fauna, geology and celestial bodies - so well drawn, I love so much from her shop, but my favourite is the Flora & Fauna iPhone case.
- I thought Emily at Eternal Sunday's post about how to fill your house on a budget was really useful - so many people I know are moving out or buying a house these days, and I've been helping people find furniture, and gifting a bunch of my parents old stuff to them that they don't want anymore. There are some great tips in this post, though.
- Two beautiful posts over at From Moon to Moon this week, a an amazing 70's throwback compilation post, complete with rainbows, and the slightly more modern house of my dreams - which belongs to Andrew Trotter and Mari Luz Vidal.
- And finally, a really great playlist at For Me, For You- it might be October but I'm still listening to it.
Sunday, October 05, 2014
weekend wanderings #33
tags: weekend wanderings