- I had my friend Kiki over this week and we had very enjoyable few hours watching some guilty pleasure TV (Don't Tell The Bride & Made in Chelsea!) and made a few pom-poms. She really loves them so since I've been looking up all pom-pom related things on Pinterest and I found this amazing looking tutorial for a rug! It looks really simple - I'm tempted to give her the stuff to make this for Christmas or something... Hmn, ideas ideas!
- I loved this poetry collaboration between Beyonce and Forrest Gander - Bey looks flawless, as always.
- When the whether gets cooler I just want to bake all the things - I can practically taste these salted chocolate espresso 'brookies' (brownie/cookies) and they look insanely tasty - I really want to make them!
- Why don't I have room in my life for a really giant monstera plant? They're so amazing looking, I've been hunting down pretty pictures of them on Pinterest, I just really want one.
- I mentioned last week that I've been pinning a lot of autumnal things - this was just one in a long string of them - I really want to make some feeders for the birds this winter, I usually just buy them, but it seems like it would save you money to make them.
- Me and my mother skipped up to London earlier in the week - I haven't really spent much time there since I exhausted my funds going back and forth in my last year of uni. Mum and I had a look around the British Museum and got lunch at Le Comptoir Libonais, which was absolutely amazing - I even Instagrammed it. I've decided that I want to try and see more of what my favourite museums or art galleries have in their collections - I always go and see exhibitions but never see their permanent collections - it's something I should make the effort to do more.
- I couldn't get over these amazing photographs of birds by Leila Jeffreys - I thought they were taxidermy! I really love birds, as anyone that knows me will know, and I would love to have the opportunity to see birds like these close-up.
- This blog - The Vanilla Bean Blog - has the most beautiful photographs I've seen on a food blog recently, I particularly love the recipe for blueberry, apple and rhubarb pie.
Sunday, August 31, 2014
weekend wanderings #29
tags: weekend wanderings