(images from themerrythought.com and the designfiles.net)
- I have a friend at work who, once upon a time, made the most amazing cinnamon buns that I've ever eaten. She wrapped one up in some foil and left it in the work fridge for me and it had such good icing that I remember scraping it off the foil with a spoon. I've tried, since, making them, but they're never quite as good, so have just sort of given up on them again. I saw this recipe for blueberry lemon sticky buns on Pinterest though, and it's enough to make me try again. I thought if I added a little bit of lemon curd to the rolls it would be even better? I must try it, regardless.
- I need to stop obsessing over blackberries. (I think it is partly because I find the store-bought ones so weird - why are they so big? It freaks me out.) Yet I still find myself searching out recipes involving them. I'm not drinking a great deal at the moment, but I love the idea of a non-alcoholic blackberry and basil fizz for a late summer evening.
- I feel like autumn is coming, but that hasn't changed my desire for iced drinks, and this banana mocha smoothie looks amazing.
- I don't want to talk too much about the recent suicides in the news - I fear it sensationalises it - but I will put this here, in case anyone needs a wake-up call or a helping hand or someone to talk too.
- Since reading and writing about Frida Kahlo at university (I feel like that is a thing every female art student does at least once) I have become fascinated with her, and I loved this article with photos of her and Diego Rivera's houses' and gardens at The Planthunter.
- This stunningly perfect, studio home in Melbourne is exactly how I want my house when I'm moved out. Lots of nice wood, white, and plants. And those patio doors opening on to that little garden with cacti? So nice.
- I write with an ink pen in my journal most of the time, and I've always wanted to be able to do calligraphy - these photos by Freya at nishaantishu make me really want to take a class to learn.
- At uni I made work that was almost exclusively blue - these photographs of the artist Lucas Grogan's work takes me right back there. I don't really produce work anymore, and most of the time I don't miss it, but occasionally I do.
- My favourite blog this week is Local Milk - based in Tennesse (which I love, because I have really silly, romantic ideas about the South), she takes the most beautiful photographs. Her set ups remind me of Morandi still lifes, they've got such a nice tone. Her instagram is just a thing of beauty, too.