(images from bferry.wordpress.com, theartfuldesperado.com and food52.com)
- I've been wanting to try some natural dyes for a long time now, but I saw this post bout dyeing with blackberries on my internet rounds this week and it's rekindled that desire like mad. We're gearing up for blackberries here, and I've been wondering whether or not you could dye with them. Turns out you can - that shade of grey afterwards is beautiful, I want to try dyeing some sheets with it..
- On a similar, blackberry themed note, I found this via Pinterest this week: a rustic blackberry & lime galette. I haven't made (or really eaten) pastry in months and looking at this just made my mouth water. With a big lump of creme fraiche...
- These amazing photographs of an edible garden popped up on tumblr this week - that greenhouse is the thing of my dreams, it really is. I'm going to be such a little old lady by the time I'm thirty, I love gardens and being outside so much.
- This guide to making a fail-safe milkshake at food52 will be being bookmarked for when I next see my mates (we're getting excited about a new dessert placing opening in town and it would be cool to make them all milkshakes!).
- I have so much love for olives, it's weird to think I never really liked them. It was one of those things I just kept making myself eat until I liked them - a little unorthodox but it worked. Marinated olives are just the best, and I would love to try these spicy fennel, orange and garlic ones, I feel like they'd be really good at seeing you into autumn.
- If I could move into an already furnished house, it would be Hannah & John Moore's home in Venice, California. If I could transport it to the English countryside it would be perfection.
- As an adult, I never really thought I'd want wallpaper with dinosaurs on again, until I saw this one by Sian Zeng. It really is everything I never knew I wanted? The one in green would be amazing in a green-house or sunroom, the greyed out version I would happily have in my living room...
- I've been buying plums and nectarines like they're going out of style recently, and I really really want to make some little tarts with them (clearly, as two tarts feature on the list this week!) - these stone-fruit tarts at The Artful Desperado look too decadent not to, really. I'm super tempted to just buy some ready-made puff pastry and make some tomorrow, just because.
- My favourite blog this week is Lifesetsail.com, which is a lovely lifestyle blog from Canada - I discovered Brittany through the Lifestyle bloggers twitter talk (#lbloggers). It's a lifestyle blog with just enough beauty talk, lots of lovely photographs and a few recipes thrown in.