- I think I have posted about SF Girl By Bay's Real Art for a Ficticious World series before, but I absolutely adored two recent instalments of it - for Sam and Suzy from Moonrise Kingdom and for Sandy from Grease.
- This link has been all over my Facebook feed at the moment (I guess thats what happens when a bunch of your friends are artists) but a Dutch artist in the 1600's made himself a colour swatch book for himself, which I find so cool. The Colossal article has some good photos but there is a fully scanned copy of the book over here.
- There is a new Tauba Auerbach exhibition on at the ICA in London - she's an artist I studied at university and I really loved her work then, but never got a chance to see any of it for myself. It's there until the middle of June, so I'm going to have to make a mental note to get there and see it before it closes!
- These Russian landscape paintings are so beautiful - by an artist I've never even heard of, either - Arkhip Kuindzhi.
- It's Nice That posted some photos of this amazingly designed Anish Kapoor book - and there was another one a couple of years ago. I'm annoyed that I've never seen them until now, because they're so stunning!
- Some giant stars in the desert that appeared for Burning Man a couple of years back are really beautiful. There's even a whole Tumblr for it, which is lovely.
- Emily Katz's home is thing of beauty - and envy, mostly envy. It's everything I would want in my future home, light and airy with lots of plants, books and textiles.
- And an art-blog this week as my links are all sort of art related today - The Jealous Curator which is a blog where every post has something beautiful.
Sunday, May 11, 2014
weekend wanderings #16
tags: weekend wanderings